We here at LJ Level work extremely hard to deliver our projects on time, on budget, with open communication, excellent workmanship, and stand behind our work for years after we’re done.
Unfortunately – we work in an industry that is #2 in Consumer Complaints, and there are a lot of remodeling companies that give our industry a bad name.
We highly recommend that you do your due diligence before hiring any remodeler or home improvement company. Be sure to go through a checklist like this:
- Have a written process outlining the steps from initial contact to completion so your project doesn’t get lost in the shuffle?
- Carry worker’s comp insurance on every employee who enters your home?
- Provide a written project cost, using a fixed-price contract, rather than an open-ended estimate?
- Acquire permits and use licensed trade and mechanical contractors (e.g. plumber, electrician)?
- Have a clean reputation on the internet? (i.e. Google their company name)
- Have a list of references that you may contact on your own?
- Offer a warranty?
- Have a plan for how they will respect your home and your family?
- Give you a time frame for all work to be completed on your project?
- Practice clear communication in a timely manner consistent with today’s technology?
Please do your homework and make sure you select a professional who will do a great job for you and improve your home!