Remodeling your bathroom doesn’t start with a design. Or even a skilled contractor. It starts with a relationship. A relationship built on open communication, honesty and respect.
When we meet with you we get to know you personally to best provide solutions for your frustrations and fulfill the desires you have for your bathroom. Our goal is to transform your space to be more functional, comfortable and beautiful.
That’s why we encourage active communication throughout your remodeling process. We ask lots of questions about your project to get to know you and what you are expecting from the process of renovating your bathroom.
When looking to redo a bathroom one of the first things to consider is the investment you will be making in this project. An updated bathroom is very attractive to those looking to purchase if you are planning on selling soon.
What we encourage you to start with is having an architect/drafts person draw up what you want. We can recommend someone if you need. You will get more accurate bids when you have detailed plans, and pictures of the style and products you are looking to use.
The major steps in the process to remodel your bathroom are:
- PLANNING – making decisions about floor plan, quality and style of products being installed, lighting options, HVAC options, finishing touches and getting professional plans completed.
- CONTRACTOR – if your contractor is helping with the planning process this will be first, but for sure second. Who are you going to hire to do the project? This is a very important – this person/people will be in your home almost every day for up to 4 to 8 weeks. You should be comfortable with them and be able to trust them. Check out references, are they licensed and insured? This is very important to protect you – when they are licensed and insured it covers the home owner from projects not getting finished properly. Having an unlicensed/uninsured contractor work on your home could result in a project being done poorly or not finished at all.
- BIDS – Your contractor will provide a bid to complete your project. It is best to have a contractor manage your project. General contractors have subs they work with all the time. They know the steps needed to get your project completed in the most efficient way.
- CONSTRUCTION – This part can get a bit messy. We do our best to keep your bathroom functional the entire time. We will also leave the site clean every night. We believe a beautifully remodeled room involves more than how it looks. It should also feel solid and protect your loved ones for generations. Doing this involves more than “building to code.” To us, the code book is just a starting point. For example, have you ever stepped on a creaky floor? Or thought it felt spongy? We install extra braces in the trusses so every step you take feels solid – and quiet. We also hand nail when possible. This way, you get longer, stronger nails securing your structures. And we can reinforce corners that nail guns can’t reach. Your walls are built with more studs too. More studs mean more strength, which prevents unsightly settling cracks over time. We know we don’t have to do all this. But we do it because the extra effort gives you a safer, more durable and beautiful room.
- COMPLETION – This is the best part – you will now be able to enjoy your dream bathroom.