Spend as long as you need on the design – Change orders and/or added work after the project can add up very quickly. Have pictures for examples of style and products desired – this helps to make sure you get what you expect. Have professional plans drawn up – and when doing a major renovation Read More
Why is it best to have a general contractor?
- ONE CALL takes care of every aspect of your project…scheduling subs, questions, and concerns.
- Licensed, qualified subs that have proven quality workmanship.
- Warranty and legal protection.
- It is a misdemeanor to have an unlicensed person work on your home.
- Your project will be completed in a timely manner.
- You will be in constant communication with one person through every step of the project.
- We have reliable subs that are trustworthy.
Tips for comparing bids…
- Have specific plans drawn up...the more accurate these are the more accurate your bid will be.
- Have style and quality decisions made before the bidding process...this could affect the bid greatly.
- Be sure to compare apples to apples…items in your project can range greatly in price.
- Have pictures to show design style...this will help the contractor know what you like.
- Make sure the bids include the same quality of products...again this can vary greatly.
- Make sure all contractors are licensed and insured...it is illegal to have unlicensed people work on your home.
When looking at remodeling in your home one of the first things people tend to look at is the bottom line – the cost. While this is important to consider there is a bit more to it than you might think. When you only look at the bottom line you might not be getting the value you were hoping for. Read More
When you think about remodeling, you automatically think it will increase the value of your home. There are actually things you can do to your home that could potentially decrease the value… Check out this article to make sure you don’t make that mistake… Read More